Saturday, June 21, 2014

Stitch Fix #2- June 2014

So my first Stich Fix was last month and I was SO excited to be getting another box. I was hoping for some cute summer tops to round out my wardrobe.  My first Stitch Fix was great- I kept 3 of the 5 items sent to me and the 2 I sent back was my fault because I said I liked Boho and guess what...I do! (Just not on me!).  
 
I updated my profile this time around and requested capris instead of jeans (since I got them last time) and a skirt instead of a dress (same reason).  I got a notification that my stitch had shipped and I resisted all urges to peak in my account to see what was coming.
 
For those of you not sure how Stitch Fix works, here's a shortened verison:
-Go online and fill out an extensive style profile, including linking up style boards from pinterest, etc.
-Pay a $20 styling fee (that is applied to anything you keep in the box) 
-Receive 5 items handpicked for you from a stylist
-try everything on and keep what you like, send anything else back in the prepaid envelope within 3 days
-Check out online and make sure to leave feedback for your next fix!
 
For a more detailed review on how it works, read my first Stich Fix review here!
 
So, onto this months' fix!  I came home from work on Wednesday and was very happy to see my box sitting on my bed (thanks for bringing in the mail kids!).
 
 
 
Upon opening I saw everything all wrapped up nicely:)
 
 
 
 
At the bottom of the box you get your invoice.  It lists the prices of each item, subtracts the $20 styling fee and shows you the discount you would get if you keep all 5 items (25%!).
 
 
 
You also get a styling card.  It tears apart into handy index cards and shows different ways you can wear the pieces they sent you.  It also has a cute little note at the top from your stylist.  I got a different stylist this time around and it shows!  My first stylist, while I loved what she chose for me- she clearly didn't read too much of my profile. I had said I am a nanny and do NOT want work pieces and she mentioned in her note I could dress up the dress she sent me for a work event lol.  This stylist was on it though- she sent me 3 items I had pinned on Pinterest and 2 others she said  she thought I would like for casual date nights (which I said I wanted).  Going forward I will request this stylist since she seems to read and do great research!
 
 
 
Ok, onto the outfits!!
 
 
Item #1
Promesa Alexandreia mixed media maxi skirt in light blue   $58
I paired this skirt with a simple white tank and a chevron necklace.  I also would've put my denim jacket with it but it was in my car and I didn't want to go get it lol. 
 
 
 
 
Pros: love the light color (I have other maxi skirts but they are variations of black/grey). I like the striped design and the foldover waist. Good length as well.
Cons:  a little sheer- I could see my panties through it but if I wear a nude thong then it wouldn't be too bad.
 
 
 
Item #2
41 Hawthorn Filbert popover blouse in orange  $58
I paired this with the skinny jeans I received in my last fix (but I cuffed them), gold bangle and earrings and crocheted cream Toms.  Cute!  This was an item I had pinned in my style boards for them to see.
 
 
 
 
Pros: I obviously liked this blouse since I had pinned it:)  Love the bright color and it wasn't as sheer as I was expecting (I'm not wearing a cami in these pics).  Great fit as well.
Cons: came out of the box REALLY wrinkly.  I don't have a lot of time to iron so that's a little annoying to have to do every time I want to wear it.
 
 
 
 
Item #3
TCEC Roxanna Chevron open knit cardigan in black $58
I styled this sweater for summer but it's great transition to fall piece!  I paired it with a nude Henley tank, denim shorts, a simple beaded necklace and black sandals.  This was the 2nd item I had pinned for my stylist to get inspired by. 
 
 
 
 
Pros: I liked the crossover for other seasons and the subtle chevron print.  The lightweight open (but chunky) weave is also really nice.  It hits at the right length and can go with many things!
Cons: It is a little dark for summer (I tend to wear brights) and it looks like it will easily snag (I have 2 cats that like to climb on me).
 
 
 
 
Item #4
Liverpool JoJo polka dot capri jeans $58
I put a simple white tee, a turquoise pendant necklace and white toms with these capris.
 
 
 
 
Pros: hits right at the right length and was the perfect size.  They are also SUPER soft:) I don't have any capris (just short-shorts and jeans) so another length in my closet would be nice.
Cons: I have to say I was REALLY skeptical about these.  My daughter has a similar pair of shorts and also a denim jacket like this too (denim with bleached out shapes).  Was I too old to pull these off??  Not sure.
 
 
 
 
Item #5
19 Cooper Blanchette tie neck peasant blouse in green $64
I styled this blouse with a nude tank underneath, distressed denim shorts, mixed tone drop earrings and strappy sandals:)  This was the third item I had put on my pinterest board.
 
 
 
 
Pros: I liked the breeziness of the blouse and even though it said it was a "peasant blouse" it wasn't super bohemian.  I liked that it was a little darker and could be taken into fall.
Cons: a little wrinkly but not too bad. 
 
 
 
 
Final verdict... what did I keep??
So after trying everything on with jewelry and shoes (something I did NOT do last time), I got a good sense of what I liked and what I could make work in my own closet.
In the end I decided to keep:
ALL 5 ITEMS:)
 
I was on the fence with the capris but seeing pics of me in them, they really grew on me.  Plus if I didn't keep them I would lose my 25% discount that I would get if I kept all the items (which is substantial!).
 
Are you interested in trying stitch fix for yourself?  Click on my referral link HERE :)
 
-I did not receive any compensation or free items for reviewing this style service-
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love the maxi skirt. You might want to wear a slip under it. I have one just like it that is see through when out in the sunlight. A nude thong might help with the pantie lines but you can still see through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i love the orange Blouse and the price for it was so reasonable to buy,may be the green would also seems great in terms of my view but the price was some higher than the orange.

    ReplyDelete