Saturday, May 3, 2014

Birchbox review April 2014


So I have been blogging our travel adventures for years now (www.ouradventuresasafoursome.blogspot.com).  But in doing research for joining style services I came across a lot of blogs that I found very helpful.  So I thought I would start my own!
 
I was a subscriber to Birchbox for a couple of years before I took a break.  I just had too many samples that I didn't have a chance to use!  But after a year off and traveling in there (when I use a LOT of the samples that come my way)- I decided it was time to join again:)
 
For those of you who don't know, Birchbox is a monthly subscription box service.  It is $10 a month (shipped) and has anywhere from $15-$30 worth of items in it.  it really just depends on the box and if you get full size items that month at all (compared to mini products). 
 
When you join you create a beauty profile- it quizzes you on your likes and dislikes as well as skin types, beauty concerns, allergies, etc.
 
Here is my April 2014 Birchbox:
 
My box on arrival
 
Inside the pink box is a nice cardboard two piece box with all your items nicely wrapped inside it.
 
 
You also get a card that tells you everything inside your box that month and how much the full size item is on their website.  Every time you spend $10 in the store you get 10 points.  You also get 10 points every time you do a product review on the site for anything you have received in your box.  When you reach 100 points you get a $10 credit in your account.  It  doesn't take long to get to 100 either!  Just a couple boxes worth of product reviews!
 
 
 
Inside the box:
 
Kind bar:  always yummy and this is a "bonus" item in the box this month/
 
 
 
 
Beauty Protector and Detangler: not for my hair but it worked wonder on smoothing and making my daughters tangles comb out easy!  Also smells awesome.
 
 
 
Sumita Eyeliner: this is a great smooth retractable pencil eyeliner.  it comes in a lot of colors but I got this great eggplant (nearly black) color.
 
 
 
Color Club nail lacquer: cute polish in a great spring color.  A little pastel for my taste but my daughter loves it.
 
 
 
Supergoop CC cream: I got this in a fair/light color which works for my skin tone.  Its a little light for a foundation but worked good as a primer and so far no break outs from it. I like the sunscreen in it.
 
 
It was a good box this month!  I have used every item in it already!
 
Are you interested in Birchbox?  Use my referral link so I can get points!
I did not receive my BB for free or receive any sort of company compensation.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment