Friday, May 9, 2014

Birchbox review- May 2014

So I did just post my April box review about a week ago- however I got that box very late since I joined in the middle of April.  Normal Birchbox boxes comes for me around the 10th of the month.  I checked my email today and saw that it was checked in to my local post office so I expected to get it tomorrow.  However I got home from work and noticed my mailbox looked a little full and was excited to see it had arrived!
 
 
It was yellow this time instead of pink because this month they partnered with Kate Spade Saturday (a new spin off KS brand).  It was a super cheerful looking box:)
 
Inside the packaging was the normal BB two piece box.
 
I tore into and and loved the colors of the box this month!  I know that isn't what you are paying for or anything but the cool black and white inner of the box with the yellow tissue paper was really fun.  Reminded me of spring bees! 
 
Inside was the normal month card with the theme "freewheeling".  Kinda weird but ok. And the back of the card that has all the products included in your box (in sample size, unless noted).
 
 
 
 
Digging farther into the box I saw all the goodies waiting to be discovered:)
 
 
Here is what I got in my box this month:
 
Coola Environmental repair Plus after sun lotion:
It will be a bit before I can review this honestly.  Here in Seattle with current mild sun (but it was down pouring yesterday) there isn't much of a foreseeable chance to use this.  I will come back and update how it is (esp compared to basic aloe).
 
 
 
Nexxus Color Assure system
This is a pre wash primer (?), shampoo and a conditioner made for color treated hair.  I am about to go get a hair cut and color so this should be interesting.  I do have problems with color fading and have never really found anything that holds it completely but maybe this will work! If nothing else it smells really good and its small bottles which could be good to just save for travel...
 
 
 
Marcelle new age 8-1 power serum
Ok I will be honest- these serums just aren't for me.  Most are not oil free and are aimed at people with perfect skin.  I still (though rare) break out and I have to be SUPER careful with what I put on my face.  I am all for oil free primers or BB creams but this feels a little greasy.
 
 
Honey and Sons fine teas
This is the "bonus" item of the month (usually a non beauty item or something like a hair tie).  I got Caribe (green blend) and pomegranate Oolong teas.  I will try:)  And prob like!  There aren't many teas I don't like.  I like the single serve packs- I can throw it in my purse and take to work!
 
 
Pixi shea lip balm
This was full size and is worth $8 on its own so I feel this was worth the box this month (along with the cpl other things I will try). I got it in a sheer coral (very slight hint of tropical pink) and I love it.  I do NOT wear lipstick unless I am getting photos done so things like this are perfect for me.
 
 
Discount coupon!
So the last thing I got was a $25 off a $75 purchase at the new Kate Spade Saturday store. I will definitely check it out and see if the coupon is worth it! This item did not count as one of my official box items.
 
 
 
So this wasn't the best BB I have ever gotten but it wasn't the worst either! I love the one full size item that I got so that made it worth it:)
 
Are you interested in Birchbox? use my referral link so I can get points!
I did not receive my BB for free or get any sort of company compensation.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment