Friday, May 16, 2014

Pose (formally known as Little Black Bag) order #1

So I placed my first order with Little Black Bag a couple of weeks ago.  During the middle of my week of trading the website underwent major changes and is now called Pose.com. 
 
Here's how it works:
*Go to www.pose.com
*Click on marketplace and sort by "buy only"
*Find an item you love
*You can buy it alone, or decide to pay a little more and do a bundle
*If you bundle, you get 2 more mystery items that you wont see until you pay 
*Once you pay you either get the items you bought outright shipped to you (no different then a regular online purchase) or you then can start trading!
*In trading you then go back to the marketplace and can sort by "trade only" items
*make offers and hopefully get items that you really love at a great value!
*Once you have all the items you want, click "ship now".  After a week all orders are shipped whether you have trade offers out or not
 
SO...
 
I decided I had to have a gold double arrow bangle.  I really don't have a lot of gold jewelry and over the years it's growing on me.  For awhile it bugged me to wear gold as I thought it clashed with my engagement/wedding band (white gold, white sapphires and iolite) but I am ok with it now:)  It was $13.95 (plus shipping) or I could bundle for $16.95 plus shipping.  No brainer!  I would risk getting pieces I wasn't crazy about for $3 extra!
 
I checked out and my 2 mystery pieces were revealed to me.   I had a ornate pair of pink fan earrings (not my style at all) and also a bright blue anchor rope bracelet (cute but I still wanted to try for something better). 
 
So right away I started making trade offers and started receiving them. I passed on a lot of cell phone covers and socks.  I did a couple trades but cant remember what they were now because I got what I really wanted pretty quickly!
 
I was lucky enough to trade my fan earrings for 2 items (you don't have to trade 1-1, you can always make a trade offer for even all your items for one item you really want- its totally up to you).
 
In the end I ended up with:
 
 
 
Geranium gold double triangle bracelet:
This is what I picked for my initial purchase.  Ordering bracelets online makes me a little scared- I have the smallest wrists ever (honestly- I can wear kids bracelets and they are big on me).  So a bangle is risky!  I loved it!  But if my wrists had been bigger it would have actually been too small! it worked out in my favor though:)
 
 
 
Timi silver pyramid stud earrings:
These were one of the trades I got that came as a pair (I traded my fan earrings for these and the necklace mentioned later).  I wasn't thrilled about these (before they came) as I really just didn't want the fan earrings and I was willing to take pretty much whatever else.  But I love them!  They are tiny and cute and I don't have nearly enough small earrings in my jewelry collection.
 
 
 
Flea Market Girl gold skull charm bracelet:
I traded this for my bright blue anchor bracelet that I initially had gotten.  I love this!  Super delicate but still edgy.  Just my style!  I like that its adjustable too- it fits my small wrists:)
 
 
 
Timi horseshoe necklace:
This was the other item in the pair of things I traded for the fan earrings (I received this and the silver stud earrings in order to be rid of the fan earrings).  I was open minded before this came but its just not me at all.  Maybe if it had been tiny and small and not detailed (just a tiny silver or gold plated horseshoe on a short chain).  This item went to my daughter (who was thrilled to get a lucky necklace!).
 
 
In all it was worth the $20 I spent- I got a pair of earrings and 2 bracelets and love them all:)  And a cool thing- when the site went down for a day because of the flip over to their new site format (and name) they credited my account $15 for the trouble!  So I went ahead and did another order!  I will post about that one when it comes.
 
Want to try your hand at trading?  Try www.pose.com

No comments:

Post a Comment