Friday, May 23, 2014

Loot Crate! May 2014

Around my house any time the mail comes, my husband and kids all just assume it is for me.  I started to notice my kids (ok mostly my daughter but sometimes my son!) really getting jealous of all my monthly goodies that come for me. 
 
I did some digging around and came across Loot Crate.  They advertise it as "a epic monthly subscription box for geeks and gamers for under $20".  Each box is themed- for instance past boxes had themes such as Launch, Warrior, Titan, Animate and Console Wars.
 
I looked at reviews and realized my now 13 year old would prob love this coming in the mail each month.  He's all about gaming but also into classic nerdy things and watches Star trek and Big bang Theory, etc.  All around geek:)  Love that about him!
 
I signed up for the 3 month package.  Just because its only 3 months though, its is auto billed, so after his July box comes I need to make sure to cancel (this is a special treat for 3 months since it is a little pricey).
 
I signed up at the beginning of May and was in time to get this month's box- themed "Adventure"!
 
It comes in the mail in a very simple black box. And inside no frills or tissue- it gets right to the good stuff.
 
 
Here are the things that came in the box:
 
Minecraft Hanger:
My son loves Minecraft so I saw this and knew he would love it.  These little hanger toys clip onto anything really- but my guess is that he will use it as a keychain.  I didn't open it to see what character was in it yet (I took these pics before he got his hands on it).
 
 
Legend of Zelda bottle opener:
Definitely not for kids (unless your kid drinks soda out of bottles)- but my husband will LOVE this.  He's a huge lover of Zelda and beer lol.  I can see my son trying to keep it for the keychain but I have a feeling my husband will steal it away.
 
 
 
Loot Crate May theme button:
This is a small 1" button themed to this month's Loot Crate.  I am going to guess they give one away every month?  I can see my son putting these on his backpack or luggage.  Cute but not super useful.
 
 
 
Misc stickers and tattoos:
So these are some misc sticker sheets and tattoos.  Not too sure what these all are about (brands, etc) but my son prob knows:)  if nothing else he likes decorating his notebooks for school.
 
 
 
 
Friend Zone cd:
So apparently this is a show...the more I write this the more I realize I am old lol.  I feel very out of touch on what is "in" for boys.  I guess that's what you get when you have a teenage boy who doesn't talk a ton!  I do think this is a weird thing though- who owns CDs anymore?
 
 
 
Adventure time tin and toy:
So I couldn't tell you the names of these little guys but I do know they are from Adventure Time.  The little yellow dog guy came in the robot tin.  They are pretty cool and I think my son will like both:)
 
 
 
 
Loot Crate exclusive tee shirt:
I think it's pretty cool that Loot Crate makes their own tees!  This ties nicely in with the "adventure" theme of the month. Its a really cool Zelda tee shirt that is made up of a bunch of adventure/Zelda type words.  Aidan likes Zelda (I bet my husband is wishing this was in his size though!) and I think this is def worth the price of the box right here.
 
 
 
 
In all this was a cool box.  A few "filler" type items but I think the shirt, the Minecraft hanger and the Adventure Time toy make the price worth it!
 
(I received no compensation in any way for reviewing Loot Crate)
 
Want to try it for yourself?  Try Loot crate now!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment